What are cookies, web beacons and similar techniques?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the web browser, when certain web pages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser; it can give information to facilitate a more user friendly service such as detecting errors. We do not retain a cookie longer than necessary.
Web beacons are small graphic images (also called “pixel tags” called or “clear POISON’s”) that may be installed on or in our websites, co mmunication services, applications and other used tools. Web beacons are used for different purposes, including measuring performance of our websites, tracking the number of visitors to our web sites and how to navigate it accordingly.
Under similar techni ques for storing information we understand other technologies that store information on your browser or device and that use local shared objects or local storage. Examples include flash cookies, HTML 5 cookies and other web application software methods.
For simplicity, we use the term cookie in our policy to cover the total scope of cookies, web beacons and similar techniques.
To use our website fully, you will need to have cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the site; however certain features of the site may be limited.
You may notice the presence of different types of cookies generated on your visit to this website. We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies;
- Analytical cookies;
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the website(s) of BOLIER BV and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible.
We might use these cookies for:
- Authentication of users for a secured login;
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing;
- Remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedly;
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order;
- Storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc;
- Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details;
- Reading your br owser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen;
- Locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log – in attempts;
- Loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible;
- Offering the option of storing log – in details so that you don’t have to enter them every time;
- Making it possible to place a reaction on our website.
These cookies gather information about the surfing behavior of visitors to our websites, such as which pages are visited often and whether visitors receive error messages. By doing this we are able to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user – friendly as possible for you. We do not link the statistics and other reports to individuals.
We might use these cookies for:
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages;
- Keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages;
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website;
- Assessing which parts of our site need to be improved;
- Optimizing the website.
We might use software like Google Analytics to analyze page use, page interactions and the routes taken through our sites. These are known as “website metrics” or “analytics”.
- Ensuring we have a “Processing Contract” with Google;
- Activating in Google Analytics the IP addresses anonymization;
- Ensuring sharing of data with Google will not take place.
Google may only provide this data to third parties if Google is required to do so by law, or to the extent necessary for third parties processing this data on behalf of Google.
You can prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to their use of the website (i ncluding your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the following browser plug – in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en – GB
BOLIER BV places and uses the functional cookies when you explore our website to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Only after you have given your consent, BOLIER BV places the a nalytical, advertising and social media cookies. We provide you the choice to set your preference related to the use of the kind of cookies for the first use of the website. We will store you preference for your next visit but you can always adjust your preference.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being used. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about cookies or privacy to email@example.com